Comfort Suites Lyon Est Eurexpo
17 Rue de la Cordiere
Phone: (33) 811 030435
Fax: (33) 478 206858
17 Rue de la Cordiere, Saint-Priest, FR, 69800
- Phone: (33) 811 030435
- Fax: (33) 478 206858
Mo to Sa from 03:00 PM to 05:00 PMThe principal interest of the abbey church of Saint Bruno des Chartreux lies in its rarity: it's one of the few baroque churches in Lyon. The monastery to which it belonged to was destroyed like many others during the Revolution. All that remains is a little cloister south of the chancel through which the monks would enter to go to services, and of course the abbey church itself. The long chancel used by the monks dates from the 16th century. The stalls were carved in the 18th century by Van der Heyden, from drawings by J.G. Soufflot . The nave and the transept, which were built in the 18th century by Delamonce, are baroque in style, as is the dome. A series of interesting paintings from that era hang in the abbey church, notably the two by C. Tremolières which can be seen in the transept: the Ascension and the Assumption (1737). The façade was constructed much later between 1868 and 1872.