307 Greene Street
Rockingham, NC 28379
Phone: (910) 410-0077
Fax: (910) 410-8354
307 Greene Street, Rockingham, NC, US, 28379
- Phone: (910) 410-0077
- Fax: (910) 410-8354
This beautiful historic building began as a Chancery Court plus served as the first telegraph office of Cheraw and the headquarters for the Confederate and Union quartermasters. An array of exhibits and artifacts that depict Cheraw's history is now located in the building with exhibits on display including items from the Confederate war and the Steamboat Era, as well as exhibits on the Cheraw Indians and Dizzy Gillespie.
The Old St. David's Episcopal Church and Cemetery is a historic structure built in 1770. Spread over an area of 8 acres (3.2 hectares), the congregation ceased to operate in 1916. The building was donated to the Chesterfield County Historic Preservation Commission and worship began taking place at another church building. However due to its rich past it was put up in the National Register of Historic Places in 1971.
Over 50 gorgeous Antebellum buildings, as well as numerous Victorian and Classical Revival homes, line the beautiful streets of this magnificent Historic District and Town Green.