2085 Hylan Dr.
Rochester, NY 14623
Phone: (585) 334-6620
Fax: (585) 334-9649
The University of Rochester enjoys a splendid location, away from the bustle and chaos of the city center, along the curve of the Genesee River in Rochester, NY. Founded in 1850, this university is one of the premier educational institutions in the country, and has one of the most encouraging and comprehensive undergraduate programs in the country. Most known for its optics program, the university is considered to be have one of the top optics institutions in the nation. Do see the website to know more about the University of Rochester.
Spread over (0.5 hectares) of land this historical garden, known as the Ellwanger Garden is a beautiful residential garden. Featuring the beauty of the surrounding consisting of the perennials, trees, shrubs, the garden is well maintained and owned by the Landmark Society. This beautiful landscape is serene and tranquil and is a great destination for tourists as well as locals. Families and youngsters are all welcome here to spend a pleasant day in the midst of the green beauty.
The Linden-South Historic District constitutes of 136 buildings. This historic district is positioned across the South Wedge neighborhood of Rochester in Monroe County, New York. It has been constructed over a period ranging from 1872 to 1913. An eminent landmark that draws attention to the district is the Holy Spirit Greek Orthodox Church, earlier referred as the South Avenue Baptist Church. Another striking feature of the district is the Queen Anne-style complex on 785 South Avenue. The streetscape across the district follows various architectural styles that include Italianate, Gothic Revival, Colonial Revival and Queen Anne.
Established in 1864 after a fire reduced the original building to rubble, Immaculate Conception/St. Bridget’s Church, along with the other buildings that make up its complex, was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2002. Of African-American tradition, this Roman Catholic church aims to create a community that is based on hope and faith.
The Central Church of Christ was initially referred as the First Presbyterian Church. Sited at Rochester in Monroe County, New York, the church site is a distinguished building in the vicinity. It is listed on the prestigious National Register of Historic Places. Encompassing less than one acre of land area, the site was constructed in 1871. It is a fine example of the Gothic style of architecture. It strives hard to spread faith, love and spirituality. It also stands as the third home to Rochester's oldest congregation.
Court Street Bridge over the Genesee River was built in 1893. The bridge was designed by J. Y. McClintock. The construction of the bridge features stone arches, and it has six hallow arches over the river and two arches over the Johnson and Seymour Raceway and Erie Canal. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on October 11, 1984.
The St. Mary's Church is a grand church building with a rectory that sits adjacent to it. Located in downtown Rochester, the church was established in 1855. Constructed in the Mid 19th Century Revival style, it has a beautiful bell tower on its exterior. The church was put up in the National Register of Historic Places along with the rectory. The magnificent church has continued to function every since its birth and still holds regular masses and ceremonies.
Gannett Building is located in Rochester in Monroe County, New York. This commercial landmark was constructed in 1927 in the Classical Revival style of architecture. The building be home to the global headquarters of the Gannett newspaper chain until 1986, and got added to the National Register of Historic Places on October 4, 1985.
The Rundel Memorial Library is an integral part of the city of Rochester in Monroe County. The library building traces the Beaux Arts and the Art Deco styles of architecture. Included in the National Register of Historic Places, it is a superb reading avenue for all.
Popularly known as the Erie Canal: Second Genesee Aqueduct, the Broad Street Aqueduct is a bridge that measures 800 feet in length. With seven arches the bridge crosses over the river and was used to transport automobile traffic. This bridge is spread over less than an acre of land and stands still in it's beauty. It is also registered on the National Historic Places.
The renowned First Universalist Church is a monumental church building in the Rochester region of New York. The historic site was built in 1907 by eminent architects Bragdon and Claude Fayette. The structure is a superior example of the Romanesque Revival style of architecture. The Church often arranges for distinct programs and learning activities. The distinguished Sunday services begin at 10:30 a on Sunday mornings. The church strives to act as a catalyst in the spiritual and overall growth of an individual. The noted church site is added to the National Register of Historic Places.
What began as a home brewing experience for two economics students in 2008 went on to become a full-fledged brewing operation in 2011. With the already surging popularity of local breweries, locals lapped up the offering with great zeal, making it a popular haunt. Offering a range awesome handcrafted beers, the brewery doubles up as a tap room between Mondays and Saturdays. Private group tours are available for interested parties. They also have Trivia and Theme Nights, check out their website for more details.