17W445 Roosevelt Rd.
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
Phone: (630) 916-1000
Fax: (630) 916-1068
17W445 Roosevelt Rd., Oakbrook Terrace, IL, US, 60181
- Phone: (630) 916-1000
- Fax: (630) 916-1068
Located on the 90 acre Mayslake Forest Preserve, this magnificent 39 room Tudor Gothic mansion is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is available for tours on Wednesdays and Saturdays. The Portiuncula Chapel is also on site and it is the only known replica in the United States of the original Chapel of St. Francis of Assisi in Assisi, Italy.
The Madison Meadow Park lays sprawled in downtown Lombard. This park is an ideal recreational spot, frequented by locals, which has facilities for baseball, softball, disc golf, tennis and jogging. This park also plays host to community events now and then. So, do stop by this park, for even if there aren’t any events happening, the lake in the center of the park is beautiful, and beckons visitors to take in its serenity.
Enjoy over 50,000 square feet of indoor fun at this amusement center that includes over 200 games, billiards and darts, laser tag, bumper cars, miniature golf, a 3D Motion Theatre, and a restaurant.
The Elmhurst city in the U.S. State of Illinois is bestowed with a spectacular botanical garden and conservatory in the form of the Wilder Park Conservatory. It is predominantly a single room conservatory site and is open for general public viewing on a daily basis between 8:00a through 4:00p. A specific highlight of the conservatory site is that it brags of a small scenic pond coupled with a goldfish. The origination of the site dates back to 1868.
Recognized at this oldest home in Lombard, this farmhouse was the home of Sheldon Peck, a nationally known portrait painter and artist who painted in the United States from 1820 to 1868, and contains his folk paintings, as well as exhibits on the area's first school, the Underground Railroad, farming, and pioneer life.
Also known as the First Church of Lombard, Maple Street Chapel is a historic church that was completed in 1851. This church, famed for its Gothic Revival architecture, is one of Lombard's best-known landmarks, and is managed by the Maple Street Chapel Preservation Society, Inc. The Maple Street Chapel Folk Concert Series is one of the most popular events organized, and attracts locals and tourists alike. Tours of the chapel are usually held between 2p and 4p.
The Graue Mill is a historic mill in Oak Brook, Illinois. The former grist powered mill was built in 1852, and is now a museum displaying the Civil War era with volunteers dressed in period costumes. The museum is especially advisable for large groups and school trips as highly interactive docent led tours are available, where participants get to grind corn. The gift shop also stocks some interesting items.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, Graue Mill is the only operating waterwheel gristmill in Illinois. The Museum includes four floors of artifacts and displays including an Underground Railroad exhibit and daily demonstrations of milling, spinning and weaving.
The newly renovated Berens Park offers 3 volleyball courts, 5 soccer fields, a walking/running path, playgrounds all amidst lush tropical greenery. The park also offers a pavilion which features multi-rooms that are made available for parties, meetings, corporate events and rentals. All in all, the park is a reflection of nature's beauty and contributes to many fun day outs.
The First Congregational Church of Western Springs is a landmark in Western Springs. Children’s Sunday School is organized at 9:00a and 10:30a on Sundays. Also, adult Christian education programs are carried out at 10:15a. The First Congregational Church’s Preschool is a facility for the community. Spread across 1.6 acres (0.65 hectares) of land area, the historic building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2006.
This community library offers a variety of public services including a large selection of literature, special events, computer access and more.
This park was created for the community's historic train deport and features an 1874 CB&Q railroad depot, an 1881 wooden caboose, a circa 1850's farmhouse, and a circa 1830's tavern and inn. Historic gardens and special exhibits are also on site and various educational programs are available.