2817 Hwy. 14
New Iberia, LA 70560
Phone: (337) 367-0855
Fax: (337) 367-0845
2817 Hwy. 14 , New Iberia, LA, US, 70560
- Phone: (337) 367-0855
- Fax: (337) 367-0845
This statue is the only full-length statue, sculpted in 127 A.D., of Hadrian in the United States. Hadrian ruled the Roman Empire from 117 to 138 A.D.
Amenities at this city park include playgrounds, a pool, recreation center, walking trail, two softball fields, double sand volleyball court, picnic pavilions, meditation garden, gazebo, horseshoe pit, senior citizens building, public boat launch and five tennis courts.
This Victorian home is known for its fine collection of antebellum furniture, Louisiana antiques, and primitive pieces.
The East Main Residential District is three-quarter-miles long along of Bayou Teche. Here you will find more than 70 buildings that date between 1890 and 1930. The District is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
This depot, built by the Southern Pacific Railroad for offices and as a passenger depot, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The oldest public structure in New Iberia, the Episcopal Church of the Epiphany was used as a Union field hospital during the Civil War. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is the oldest Episcopal church building in the Diocese of Western Louisiana. Services are held on Wednesdays and Sundays.
This restored building served as the town's post office until 1965. It is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The former home of sugarcane planters David Weeks and his wife, the Shadows-On-The-Teche gives you a peek into the luxurious life that was lived in the heydays during sugar exports. Take a guided tour to see the finesse of Greek Revival architecture in which the house is constructed. To know more about the place and about the amazing events that take place here, check the website.
The Grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes shrine was originally erected in 1941 to the Verterans of Foreign Wars from New Iberia who died in the service of their country. In 1996 the Grotto was restored by a dedicated group of community volunteers who were honored by the National Make A Difference Foundation. Open air park to the public.
Bunk Johnson was a very talented 1820's jazz trumpeter and one of Louis Armstrong's mentors, who lived in New Iberia. He is credited with the revival of early New Orleans Jazz in the 1940's.
Located in the National Registry Historic Residential District, Gebert Oak was planted in 1834. During the Civil War, it was large enough for a child to climb in to watch the Yankee troops march into New Iberia.
Open year round to the public for fishing and birding.