3429 South Street
Nacogdoches, TX 75964
Phone: (936) 560-9900
Fax: (936) 560-9902
Spend a day enjoying the benefits of fruitful outdoor activity at Pioneer Park. Bring a picnic along, or take an invigorating stroll beneath the cool shade of the trees. Surrounded by the cityscape of Nacogdoches, the park offers a welcomed break from the mundane routine of daily life.
Ruby M. Mize Azalea Garden is a beautiful flower garden with 46 beds of azaleas and a wheelchair accessible trail which is interspersed with benches where you can sit and take in the beauty of the flowers. Every March, during blooming season, the garden is the site of several tours and events.
Zion Hill Baptist Church, located on Patricia Drive, is a beautiful early 20th century structure built by well-renowned architect Diedrich Rulfs. The church is home to one of the oldest congregations of American Baptists in the entire state.
Sterne Hoya House Museum is located in a wood and brick dogtrot house on South Lanana Street. Built by Adolphus Sterne, the house was home to the Sterne and Hoya families over the years. Today, the house has been transformed into a museum with exhibits of antique furniture, period pieces, displays on the Civil War, a library, a wine cellar and more.
Nacogdoches Railroad Depot is an early 20th century railway depot which was inaugurated in 1911 when the earlier wood building burned to the ground. Today its is a nationally recognized heritage site and museum with exhibits displaying the development of transportation in the early days in Nacogdoches.
The Durst-Taylor House, located on North Street, is the second oldest building in town. The 1835 wood house is now a museum which has a smoke house, a chicken coop, a sugarcane mill, a smithy and heirloom gardens. On the 2nd of every January, the place the Old Fashioned Sweet Tooth Sugarcane festival.
Oak Grove Cemetery, located on Lanana Street, is an old cemetery with its oldest grave dating back to the early 19th century. Buried in the cemetery are many historically important personalities including judge and secretary of war, Thomas Jefferson Rusk, war heroes from the Battle of San Jacinto, former slaves, millionaires and so on.
The Old University Building was built by the Texas government in the year 1859. Today, it has undergone renovation and has been transformed into a museum which has displays of antique furniture, period pieces and exhibits on education in the area during the 19th century and more. It also serves as a community space for functions.
Located in Stephen F. Austin State University, along LaNana creek, the SFA Mast Arboretum is a beautiful and expansive garden full of exotic plants. Some plants found here include the desert willow, false Daphne, strawberry bushes, Texas firewheel and many, many more.
Millard's Crossing Historic Village is a recognized national heritage site full of renovated Victorian buildings. The home of Lera Millard Thomas, who was responsible for undertaking the project to restore all the houses, log cabins and other architecture structures, is also located here.
Zip Nac is a zip lining tour through the canopies of Nacogdoches. After a brief practice and training, adventure sports lovers and curious first timers are then taken through their many zip lines which hang 50 feet 15.24 meters above the ground.
The Kit McConnico Park has 11 fields for soccer and seven for softball practice. It is the site of various tournaments and leagues and a favorite with the city's youth. Hikers and cyclists can embark on the Lost Arrow Mountain Bike Trail starting at the edge of this park.