404 South 44th Street
Mount Vernon, IL 62864
Phone: (618) 244-2700
Fax: (618) 244-2701
The historic village consist of an 1820s log jail, an 1873 log Mount Olive Church, a blacksmith's shop, a general store featuring antique tools, a 1920s one-room school and more.
Built in 1899 this structure is still a public library, and houses and extensive collection of genealogical records.