2731 Mosside Blvd.
Monroeville, PA 15146
Phone: (412) 373-0911
Fax: (412) 373-0411
Monroeville Public Library is a community library and research center that offers such resources as fiction and non-fiction books, audio-books, videotapes, DVDs, music CDs, CD-ROM software, art, and magazines.
Monster Mini Golf is an indoor 18-hole glow-in-the-dark mini golf course that the whole family will enjoy.
The George Westinghouse Memorial Bridge is an open spandrel concrete arch and was the largest of its kind when it was opened in 1932. Spanning across 1,598 feet (487.07 meters), it features five spans and four huge columns giving it a majestic look. It was constructed to ease the heavily congested Turtle Creek Valley and the Lincoln Highway. The bridge has been a historic place since 1977 after it was added to the National Register of Historic Places.
Located across Library Street, the Braddock Carnegie Library is more than just a stockist of books and journals. It goes beyond that and has become a community hub, where interesting events are held. Throughout the year, the library holds dance classes, workshops for kids and other functions. For details, call ahead.
This legendary old park is a National Historic Landmark, and one of the best amusement parks in the country. There are seven roller coasters - some were built as far back as 1921, a fact possibly scarier than the rides themselves. The newest, Phantom's Revenge, was installed in May 2001. There are also the water rides, "flat" rides, and the haunted house. Don't forget the hot dogs and cotton candy! The park timings change often, so call ahead or check the website to make sure it's open.
The Oakmont Country Club's prestigious golf course was designed by Henry Fownes and is considered to be one of the most difficult courses in the United States. This elegant club has hosted more editions of the U.S. Open - including the 2007 U.S. Open - than any other golf club. Visitors of the club can either enjoy prestigious golf tournaments or play themselves on its challenging holes.
An exquisite collection of Renaissance and Baroque paintings, sculpture, tapestries and Chinese porcelains are part of the collection of artworks assembled by Henry Clay Frick, the Pittsburgh industrialist and lieutenant of Andrew Carnegie. The Italian Renaissance-style structure is situated in a quiet neighborhood setting, adjacent to Frick Park. Occasionally, free Sunday afternoon chamber music concerts are held in the museum auditorium. The museum is part of the Frick Art and Historical Center, which includes Clayton, the Frick Family mansion and the Frick Carriage Museum.
Over five acres (2.02 hectares) of lawns, gardens and historic buildings make up the Frick Art and Historical Center, which is adjacent to part of the sprawling Frick Park. Landmarks in the center include the Frick Art Museum, the Car and Carriage Museum, Clayton House, a greenhouse, an education center, a museum shop, and a cafe.
In 1882, industrialist Henry Clay Frick and his wife, Adelaide, moved into their new home in Point Breeze. Dubbed Clayton, the home was of the Italianate style that became popular following the Civil War. Following the death of Frick's daughter in 1984, the home became part of the family's foundation and was opened to the public. It is a wonderful example of life in the Victorian age. Reservations are required for tours. Admission is $8 for adults, $7 for seniors and $6 for students.
The construction of the McKeesport National Bank building was completed in 1891. It is on the National Register of Historic Places list and on the List of Pittsburgh History and Landmarks Foundation Historic Landmarks.
Industrialist Henry Clay Frick bequeathed 476 acres to the city of Pittsburgh to establish Frick Park. It is so large that it extends into five city neighborhoods. The park has six clay tennis courts, a basketball court, two playgrounds, three ball fields and a court for lawn bowling, while on weekends dog owners love to congregate for canine fun. The Frick Nature Reserve sits on 150 acres in the park. The reserve has several meadows, woodlands and various plant life and also includes Frick Environmental Center.
Carnegie Free Library was built in 1902 due to the efforts of The Women's Club of McKeesport. The foremost objective of the Club formed in the late 1898, was to have a library in McKeesport. In the late 1970s, the library was designated as a historical landmark. The historic building has hosted many community events.