3307 N 4th St
Longview, TX 75605
Phone: (903) 663-4991
Fax: (903) 663-6294
The Henderson Commercial Historic District is a site of several commercial structures that is spread over 25 acres (10 ha) of land. The site featured the skills of brick masons and pottery makers who started off their business in the county. The structures were all designed in the Classical Revival, Art Deco and Romaesqyue styles of architectures and added to the beauty of the constructions.
Lanes Chapel UMC features a huge sanctuary, family life center, gymnasium and a prayer garden. Led by Reverend Jeff Gage, it is affiliated with The United Methodist Church. Named after a certain Mr.Lane who wanted to build a place of worship for the community. The original sanctuary was built in 1883 but as the congregation grew, they had to change a few locations till they moved to the present location into a much bigger facility. They hold contemporary Sunday services and have weekly prayer meetings and Bible studies. They also have a children's choir and various ministries which serve kids, women, students and seniors.