1533 State Route 9
Lake George, NY 12845
Phone: (518) 761-0001
Fax: (518) 932-0400
Get ready to have fun at the Lumberjack Pass Mini Golf. This family friendly miniature golf course has 18 holes, including challenging holes with real water hazards and sand traps. On a hot day you can cool off under the course's Misters which spray out water or stop by the snack bar for an ice cream treat.
Mohican II is an ancient steamboat which was built in 1907 and was born on Lake George. She continues to adorn the lake like a jewel in the crown. Mohican is a popular attraction and conducts trips for scenery viewing. The steamboat has been a constant entertainer for all these years and has several types of cruise trips for people with a varied taste. Some of the trips that she carries include, meal cruises, New Year's cruises and entertainment/performance oriented cruises. The beautiful Mohican is also available on rental basis for private functions like weddings and intimate parties.
Nestled in the center of the Lake George Village, the Shepard Park is a great recreational spot for the locals. It offers a beach for swimming with lifeguards, a children’s playground, restrooms, benches, and a waterfront walkway. There is also an amphitheater for various concerts and shows in the summer. The park hosts the Jazz Festival Weekend in fall and other seasonal festivities. Regular craft shows and family days are also held here. The Centennial Fountain and the Memorial of the Ethan Allen Tragedy are worth a look in this scenic parkland. With various events held throughout the year and good recreational facilities, the Shepard Park is a popular place in the neighborhood.
Adirondack Winery has approximately 35 wines to its credit, many of which have bagged medals. Its gold medal-winning wines include Amethyst Sunset and Berry Blush fermented from purple grapes, and Prospect Mountain White and Orchard Blossom made from green grapes. The grape fruits are sourced from various American vineyards, leading to a diversity of flavors and aromas in the wines. The wine tasting sessions allow you to sample different varieties paired with gourmet cheeses, while children are welcomed with complimentary lollipops and chocolates. During the off season, patrons can also hire the winery for hosting hen parties and private tasting sessions.
Enjoy summertime fun at the Village of Lake George. This village comes alive when tourist visit. Live music, mountain views, shops, parks, and more make this a great attraction for the whole family.
Glens Falls Cemetery was built in 1853 and since then the community has been using this burial ground. Listed in New York State and National Register of Historic Places, notable personalities like Harry Elkes, Jones Ordway, Charlotte and Louis Hyde are buried here. Though the cemetery is ancient, it is still used by the citizens and is the only burial ground in the city.
The eminent First Presbyterian Church is located at Glens Falls, Warren County, in New York. Constructed in 1927, it is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Established on a land area of less than one acre, the church building is a predominantly a stone and Neo-Gothic style church in a cruciform plan. Structured and designed by celebrated architect Ralph Adams Cram, it is a monumental structure in Warren County. The church works to spread faith, love and spirituality along with biblical values through its varied programs and worship services.
The Hyde Collection is an art gallery and museum located in Glenn Falls, New York. It is located in a historic house called Hyde House, which was built in 1910. The Hyde House was opened as a museum in 1963 and it has sculptures, furniture, books and other artifacts on display. The highlights of the museum are artworks by renowned artists like Van Dyck, Van Gogh, Picasso and Renoir among others. The site was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1984.
The Feeder Canal that was built in 1822 provided water to the Champlain Canal. Apart from being a water carrier it was also used for transportation of passengers as well as goods. However, the use of the canal was stopped in 1928 and owing to neglect it got littered with garbage and dirt. The Feeder Canal Alliance was then established to preserve and maintain this historical canal. With the efforts of the Alliance, the canal was restored and today, it not only supplies water but is also a major tourist attraction owing to boating, canoeing and similar activities made available here.
Dating back to 1840, this historic home located at South Glen Falls is a charming structure designed in the late Federal/early Greek Revival style. Currently it houses the Historical Society of Moreau and South Glen Falls and also referred to as Parke Farm or Old Bentley Place. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1994.
The Hadley Parabolic Bridge is the only surviving lenticular truss bridge in New York. Constructed in 1885, it crosses the Sacandaga River. Made of iron and timber. the bridge has a length of 181 feet (55 meters) and is open to vehicular traffic. Plans to demolish it were under the way, but with a lot of support it has been preserved and maintained. It is often colloquially referred to as the Hadley Bow Bridge.
Rogers Island is an island located near Fort Edward in the state of New York. Historically, this island is important because research has shown proof of ancient Native American activities that date back to as early as 4000 BCE. This archaeological site has been listed in National Register of Historic Places since 1973. The island was later used as a fortress by the English forces in the 1700s.