Old McHenry County Courthouse
101 North Johnson Street
Woodstock, IL 60098
+1 815 338 4300 (Tourist Information)
Designed in Italianate style by a pioneer architect of Chicago, John M. Van Osdel, the Old Courthouse was established in 1857. It served as a Government building till 1973, after which it was enlisted as a National Historical Place. Today the building is home to an art gallery, a pottery store and Chester Gould-Dick Tracy Museum. Apart from these, two restaurants are also located at this site.