1055 McNee Road
Houston, TX 77054
Phone: (713) 668-1436
Fax: (713) 667-6548
Palmer Memorial Episcopal Church
Mo to Th from 07:00 AM to 09:00 PM,Fr from 07:00 AM to 06:30 PM,Sa from 07:00 AM to 12:00 PM,Su from 07:00 AM to 08:00 PMThis church reflects the 15th century Church of Maria de Miracoli, a work of Pietro Lombard in Venice. The eminent architect, William Ward Watkin, designed Palmer Chapel in 1927 and collaborated in the design of the first building, Autry House, constructed in 1921. Also, Watkin led the construction of Rice University, which is across the street. Later additions to the cloisters and Parish Hall have enclosed the pleasantly arranged courtyard. In the 1980s, two more chapels were built, one of which is used for weekday services. Palmer Church is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. Reverends James W. Nutter and Edward l. Stein act as the current rectors. There are two parking lots, one next to Autry House and one next to Palmer Chapel.