210 Harvey Way
Hopkinsville, KY 42240
Phone: (270) 985-1101
Fax: (270) 985-1252
The Hopkinsville depot dating back to 1892 is placed in the National Register of Historic Places. Once a busy train depot, it is now home to the Pennyroyal Arts Council.
Incorporated in the U.S. National Register of Historic Places, this historical district features important landmarks like Pennyroyal Area Museum, Old Fire House and so forth.
Grace Episcopal Church has been serving the community of Hopkinsville since 1831. The current church building was constructed in 1883 to accommodate the growing congregation. The majestic structure was built in the Gothic Revival style of architecture. Prominent features of the church include the stained glass windows, the labyrinth as well as the historic organ.
The Latham Confederate Monument is in Kentucky’s riverside crematory. It was built in 1887 and is located in Hopkinsville. It is encased by mid-sized bronze cannons and laurel wreaths encompassing the swords hung on the ornament. There is a five-foot (1.5-meter) water fountain in the vicinity. The monument is a tribute to 101 Confederate veterans. It has been listed as one amongst sixty different monuments related to Civil War in Kentucky. The monument occupies great historic significance.
A historic gateway from Kentucky into Tennessee.
Located on the 1930 East boy Scout Road, Billy Dunlop Park is a public park in Clarksville. The park features include play areas, restrooms, walking trails and picnic area.
Austin Peay Recreation Area is a well-equipped facility of the university. The area features a gymnasium, running track, cycling studio and racquetball courts.
Fort Sevier/Fort Defiance/Fort Bruce Civil War Park and Interpretive Center is a preserved historic site in Clarksville. The site has a spacious park with an ancient fort and a walking trail.
One of the foremost commercial wineries in Tennessee, this award-winning winery is located in a picturesque Tudor style building and offers a glimpse into the centuries-old art of wine making. Free tours and tastings are available. Beautiful vineyards, a gift shop, and shaded picnic areas are also on site.
Listed in the National Register of Historic Sites, Emerald Hill is now the home of Austin Peay State University's National Alumni Association. The home has gone through three phases since the 1820s when it was a mere farmhouse. Overlooking the Red and Cumberland Rivers, Emerald Mansion has continued for more than 100 years to provide a grand gathering place for family and friends of the city and the University.
A mural map that shows the settlement of Clarksville and 12 display panels showing the history of the Cumberland River from 15,000 B.C. to present day and how it effected the settling of Clarksville.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, this masterpiece mansion reflects the Greek Revival and Italianate architectural styles that were popular at that time. The house overlooks the Cumberland River and has outstanding features that include a "widow's walk" on the roof, grand hallways, and an exquisite curved staircase.