1801 Dual Hwy
Hagerstown, MD 21740
Phone: (301) 791-8100
Fax: (301) 766-2079
Garden Hill is located in Hagerstown, Washington County, Maryland, United States. This historic two story home was built in 1865 in the Greek Revival style of architecture with Gothic Revival accents. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places on December 27, 2002.
This beautiful historic farm complex called the Henry McCauley Farm is a beautiful elaborate home and an excellent example of the mid 10th century. The stunning entrance with the spiral stairs and beautiful decorative interiors of wood reflect the era in which it was built. A visit to this home gives one an amazing experience of the past homes and farms with the barn and a metal windmill used for pumping water.
Open Aril thru September. Class A, South Atlantic League affiliate of the San Francisco Giants.
The statue of "Hope" marks the burial place of more than 2,000 Confederate soldiers who died in the Civil War Battles of Antietam and South Mountain. The cemetery is open from sunrise until sunset.
Located at the intersection of South Mulberry Street and the East Washington Street, this beautiful red-brick structure is hard to miss, this is Hagerstown Church of the Brethren. The church is one of the city's most historical churches, and care, compassion and charity are the values that define them. The church was inaugurated on July 17, 1897 and since then has welcomed many worshipers who come here to attended masses or to be a part of their valuable bible study. Because of the peaceful aura that surrounds the place, Hagerstown Church of the Brethren is worth a visit during your stay in the city.
Centerpiece is a 50-acre lake, home for more than 250 waterfowl with fitness trails available.
Zion Reformed United Church of Christ dates back to 1770 and is Washington County's oldest church. It rose to prominence when the Union army converted its bell tower into a lookout point during the famous Battle of Gettysburg. Though it enjoyed this vantage point, it emerged unscathed after the American Civil War. It is well-known for its bell tower and the tradition of summoning parishioners by its bells. Even today, their distinctive tones, forming a delightful melody, can be heard in the neighborhood. Visitors are also dazzled by its stained glass windows that portray popular scenes from the Bible, the early 19th-century Roman Window being the most famous one. This church offers the Eucharist sacrament once a month and worship services on all Sundays.
A typical town house of the late Federal period that is the headquarters of the Washington County Historical Society. Exhibits include papers and historic items from the Revolutionary War, the War of 1812, the Civil War and the C&O Canal. Wonderful clock and antique dolls collections are also on display.
As you walk along the South Prospect Street, the steeple of the Saint John's Episcopal Church is enough to catch your attention and beckon you inside this marvelous church. This house of prayer was constructed following the Neo-Gothic style of architecture using blue limestone and large floor-to-ceiling windows, that are adorned with stained glass. The alter is wonderfully graced with wood carvings and sunlight flows in with ease through the intricate glass work atop the alter. The church is a spot of worship and education, where kids, teenagers and adults learn about spiritual growth and compassion. Events which focus on community development are also organized by the church. Check website for additional details.
This historic stone structure depicts life as it was in the late 1700's and was built by Jonathan Hager. It is open Tuesday thru Saturday from 10 til 4.
Spectacular rides and miniature golf just to name a few attractions, fun for the whole family. Call for information.
The St. Mark's Episcopal Church is a historic church located in Boonsboro, Maryland. This church was constructed in 1849 by Upton Morin in the Gothic Revival style of architecture, featuring steep gable roofs, a gable porch and a steeple bell tower. Adjoining the church, one can also find a cemetery. The church was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1999.