St. Emma Plantation
1283 South Highway 1
Donaldsonville, Louisiana 70346
Located just west of the Bayou Lafourche, St. Emma Plantation is a large mid-19th century Greek Revival-style plantation house furnished with Empire-period furniture. It was owned from 1854 to 1869 by Charles A. Kock, one of the leading sugar planters of Louisiana, and was the site of a Civil War skirmish. The home is open by appointment only and is listed on National Register of Historic Places.