541 Warrenton Road
Fredericksburg, VA 22406
Phone: (540) 322-4700
Fax: (540) 322-4710
541 Warrenton Road, Fredericksburg, VA, US, 22406
- Phone: (540) 322-4700
- Fax: (540) 322-4710
Belmont-Gari Melchers Estate and Memorial Gallery is a beautiful house that was the former residence of the famous painter Gari Melchers. The house today has turned into a museum with archives of the painter's works, studio all stocked up. Built in 1761, the house is built in Georgian style and idyllic interiors and facades. The house is furnished and has all the antiques, artifacts and lovely paintings on display. A great visit for art connoisseurs.
Virginia's largest indoor and outdoor entertainment facility, this amusement venue offers fun for the whole family with features including the only indoor carousel in Fredericksburg, a fun maze, video arcade, rock climbing, laser tag, airplane and roller coaster simulators, miniature golf, and batting cages.
Central Park Fun-Land, Fredericksburg's largest indoor/outdoor family entertainment park is the perfect place to hold your next birthday party or group event. Theirr 40,000 square foot location sits on over four acres and is equipped with party rooms and facilities to accomodate groups as small as eight and as large as 600! In addition, Central Park fun-Land offers attractions, rides and games to suit children and adults of all ages. For those seeking to satisfy an adventurous side, they have two go kart tracks, laser tag, a rock climbing wall, bumper boats, and so much more! For their younger or more laid back crowd, Central Park Fun-Land also has miniature golf, a soft play maze, indoor bumper cars, batting cages and their new ride The Himalaya as well as over 100 video arcade games.
Total land area at this lovely park is 2,058 acres with eight and a half miles of shoreline. Many recreational activities are available such as boating, picnic areas, over 13 miles of wooded hiking trails, a guarded swimming beach, a children
Built on land once owned by George Washington, this gambrel-roof, Revolutionary era historic house museum contains a fine collection of 18th century porcelains, glass, furniture, and artwork. The home is open during Garden Week, the first week in October, and by appointment.
Rising Sun Tavern is a popular historical building that attracts many local and tourists for its intriguing history. Built in 1760, it was a former residence to Charles Washington, younger brother of George Washington. The house was later converted into a tavern serving food and drinks but was discontinued. Today it remains a sight of the past with artifacts, antiques and motifs all archiving the early 18th century life.
Kenmore, one of the finest 18th- century houses in Virginia, lies in the heart of historic Fredericksburg. The house was built by patriot Fielding Lewis (who built a gunnery during the Revolutionary War to arm the Continental Army) for his wife, Betty, the sister of George Washington. It contains the most elaborate plasterwork to survive from colonial America. Ceilings at Kenmore were made by the same unidentified "stucco man" who worked at Mount Vernon.
Administered by the University of Mary Washington, the James Monroe Museum and Memorial Library is dedicated to the life of James Monroe and his family. The museum houses a collection of more than 1,600 artifacts that were passed on by the descendants of the 5th President of the United States during the initiation of the museum in 1927. Today, the museum not only houses these artifacts but also more than 10,000 historic documents and 3,000 volumes of books inside its library. The museum and the library is open throughout the year.
A normally quiet, steep sided, 160 acre lake that is one of the more scenic lakes in Northern Virginia and is stocked with bluegill, largemouth bass, crappie, channel catfish, and white perch. A boat ramp, concession building, picnic tables, and a fishing pier are available on site.
George Washington's Ferry Farm is the place where George Washington grew up and spent his childhood till the age of twenty. Washington also received his formal education in the neighborhood around this house. The George Washington's Ferry Farm is believed to have burnt down and remains of some of the artifacts from the house have been found here later. However, the place has now been restored and there are guided tours which give you information on the place as they take you around. The grounds also have a museum within it, which has things from Washington's childhood. To know more, check the website.
The Principio Company constructed this site about 1726 on land leased from Augustine Washington, the father of George Washington, who was a partner in the company. The archaeological site is a rare example of 18th century Virginia industrial enterprise. It includes the furnace location, the wheel pit and races, a retaining wall made of slag, and extensive slag dump and mine pitts.
This historic church was was damaged during the Civil War, but its cemetery still remains. The current structure dates to 1904.