3700 Speedway Drive
Findlay, OH 45840
Phone: (419) 420-1212
Fax: (419) 420-1655
The Hancock County Courthouse is a massive structure built in 1885. Located at the courthouse square, it has undergone several restorations since its inception. The court building shows varied architectural styles, but the most prominent ones include the Palladium, Richardson Romanesque and Victorian styles. The beautiful details combined with the statues of John Hancock and figures of Law, Justice, and Mercy give the courthouse a vintage look.
Designed in the Romanesque architectural style, the Wood County Courthouse and Jail, is Wood County's third courthouse. Featuring a great clock tower at the top of the house, with the four sides facing clock that rings every hour is denoted as one chime per hour, and is still in use. The structure consists of jury assembly room, conference rooms, portable courtroom, judicial offices, etc. Besides this structure stands the Wood County Jail which was in use until the 1990 and was then renovated to be the Wood County Record Center and Law Library.