Comfort Suites Oceanview, Amelia Island
2801 Atlantic Avenue
Fernandina Beach, FL 32034
Phone: (904) 261-0193
Fax: (904) 261-4501
2801 Atlantic Avenue, Fernandina Beach, FL, US, 32034
- Phone: (904) 261-0193
- Fax: (904) 261-4501
Located across Atlantic Avenue, the St. Peters Episcopal Parish aims to maintain communal harmony and spread the message of Lord to one and all. Its original structure dates back to 1881 and is designed according to the Neo-Gothic style of architecture. The parish's sprawling campus features youth center, parish hall, spacious courtyard and each of these buildings are handicap-friendly. For more details, check website or call ahead.
This historic church is named in honor of Father Michael de Aunon, who was martyred in 1597 at St. Catherine's Island in Georgia during the Indian Rebellion against the Franciscans.
The first cross state railroad in Florida, this historic red train station paved the way for wealth and prosperity and now houses the Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Center.
This marina offers numerous amenities and services plus features an adjoining shrimp boat dock where you can watch the fleets of shrimp trawlers arrive home.
The Original Town of Fernandina Historic Site was built in 1811. The site was previously home to the Native Americans. However, today, the Plaza San Carlos which is a part of the site is open to public as a picnicking area. Nature enthusiasts also flock to this place to study the nature.
"Floridas' first full service marina on the Intracoastal waterway," this marina offers transient vessels up to 85 feet, as well as overnight dockage, fuel, bathhouses, and courtesy cars.
The Ervin's Rest popularly known as the Louis Dargan Ervin House is a historic home on the beach of Florida. This house is a three story beauty that overlooks the sea, in it's most serene blue color the house makes you feel relaxed. This homes is a best place to visit to move away from the chaotic life and take a break. The tranquil atmosphere is absolutely stunning and attracts many people for a stay at this home.
A full service marina that can accommodate a variety of boats ranging from a luxury cruise liner to a small fishing boat. A concrete floating dock is on site and services such as fuel, provisions, and shower facilities are available.
Built in the late 1830s as the home of Reverend Horace S. Pratt to the First Presbyterian Church which is across the street. The size and style of the building was unprecedented in the area. The Greek Revival style home is two stories with a raised basement. Ownership changed several times since its construction, but luckily it survived the Civil War when it was occupied by the Union Army. In 1965 the property was purchased by the City of St. Marys and has since been preserved as a museum by the Orange Hall Foundation. Each of the rooms are furnished as it would have looked when it was first completed. Visitors can take self-guided tours. It is claimed to be the friendly ghost of 8-year-old Jane Pratt, who died of yellow fever, letting them know she is present. There is a small gift shop. USD3 donation is requested. Street parking is available. - Natasha Lawrence
Featuring Doric columns on the front verandah and wide steps leading from the ground up to the second floor main entrance, this historic home is a wonderful example of Greek Revival architecture and it is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Located in the main thoroughfare of this historic town, this is any visitor's first stop for information and brochures for accommodations, shopping, museums, restaurants, tours, calendar of events, activities and over 27 attractions. Don't forget the self-guided walking tour map. Several guided tours start and end here. One is the narrated tour of the city and another is the Green Elephant Ghost Tour. Staff can help with making hotel reservations as well as tickets for tours. It has a small gift shop where guide books, post cards and other souvenirs can be purchased.
The oldest Presbyterian church building in the state of Georgia, this historic church also has the distinction of being the oldest building in Georgia that has been in continuous use as a church since its erection.