Chester County Courthouse
10 North High Street
West Chester, PA 19380
+1 610 344 6000 (Tourist Information)
Situated in West Chester, Pennsylvania, the Chester County Courthouse looks every bit historic as it really is. The courthouse building was constructed in 1846 by prestigious architect Thomas U. Walter, however subsequent additions were made by other architects. This Georgian and Greek Revival style building was used by many government departments and was often the venue of town events too. In the courthouse, one can also see the disputed Ten Commandments plaque that was gifted to the county commissioners in 1920 by Council of Religious Education of the Federated Churches of West Chester. The site was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1972.