700 West Uwchlan Avenue
Exton, PA 19341
Phone: (610) 594-4770
Fax: (610) 594-4772
700 West Uwchlan Avenue , Exton, PA, US, 19341
- Phone: (610) 594-4770
- Fax: (610) 594-4772
The 1,705-acre Marsh Creek State Park contains a 535-acre lake offering wind surfing, boating, sailing, fishing, and waterfowl watching. Other park activities include camping, hiking, swimming, picnicking, and horseback riding.
Spread over a land of 1.8 acres (0.73 hectares), the General Washington Inn is a historic inn. This one and a half story structure features only one floor at the facade. With elements of Georgian and Federal architecture, the building consisted of field stone and limestone. A former post office stood here. This beauty was added on to the National Historic Places in the year 1979.
Yellow Springs is a 145-acre living village steeped in such distinguished history, tradition and folklore that it stirs the imagination of the many different groups of people who visit the property. Yellow Springs spans over 275 years of our nation's history.
Established in 1996, Victory Brewing Company is popular throughout the country for such brews as the award-winning Golden Monkey, Headwaters Pale Ale and HopDevil. Founders Ron Barchet and Bill Covaleski honed their brewing skills for close to a decade before taking the plunge to open Victory Brewing. The brewery occupies what was once the Pepperidge Farm factory and also has a large brewpub on site. There's a regularly changing selection of beers on tap all year round, with Victory's flagship beers making a permanent appearance. The food menu is varied and offers everything from hummus and sandwiches to salads and pizzas. Drop by to check out their latest creations or to simply chill out with buddies.
The St. Paul's Church is a beautiful hstoric church with pristine white exteriors that give it a ancient look. Established in 1828, it displays a mix of Rural Gothic and Gothic Revival styles of architecture. This church is a parish of the Episcopal Diocese of Pennsylvania. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1984. The church continues to be active and hosts services regularly.
The Jacob Wisner House is famously known as the Rapp House. This house dates back to 1835, and is certainly an ancient structure. Home to the Charlestown Historical Society (CHS), it was incorporated in the U.S. National Register of Historic Places in 1979.
Features special events-murder mystery dinner trains, birthday parties and charters.
A quaint 18th-century district, the Kimberton Village Historic District was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1976. Its architecture helped in providing walks and trails between homes, playgrounds, businesses and nature parks. The streetscape, comprising of benches, lighting, bike racks and plantations helped in making Kimberton a pedestrian-friendly village. The three original buildings listed in the National Register are the tavern, Chrisman Mill-turned-post office and the French Creek Boarding School.
The public library for the West Chester area: books, magazines, newspapers and audio books; a great children
Situated in West Chester, Pennsylvania, the Chester County Courthouse looks every bit historic as it really is. The courthouse building was constructed in 1846 by prestigious architect Thomas U. Walter, however subsequent additions were made by other architects. This Georgian and Greek Revival style building was used by many government departments and was often the venue of town events too. In the courthouse, one can also see the disputed Ten Commandments plaque that was gifted to the county commissioners in 1920 by Council of Religious Education of the Federated Churches of West Chester. The site was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1972.
Incorporated in the National Register of Historic Places in 1997, the Paoli Battlefield Site and Parade Grounds was the location of the historic ‘Paoli Massacre’ during the American Revolutionary War in 1777. This site is also home to several war monuments like Paoli Massacre Monument, World War I monument and also has a World War II urn.
The renowned West Chester State College Quadrangle Historic District is a comprehensive group of magnificently structured academic buildings. Its construction and development took place from 1891 through 1940. Most of the prevalent structures exemplify the Colonial revival, Classic Revival and the Collegiate Gothic styles of architecture. Also famously regarded as the Quadrangle Historic District, the site carries terrific monumental value. This has paved its way to the inclusion in the National Register of Historic Places.