1231 South River Road
Cottage Grove, OR 97424
Built in 1925, the 78-foot (24-meter) Chambers Covered Bridge was constructed by a lumberman to transport logs across the river coast. In the 1950s, the railroad faced an unexpected tragedy and could no longer be used as it had faced significant damage. In December 2006, the City of Cottage Grove took on full ownership of the bridge. The restored bridge is back in service and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.