Grand Ferry Park
New York, NY 11211
+1 212 560 2730 (Tourist Information)
Grand Ferry Park was named for the 19th-century Grand Street Ferry, which once carried farm goods and passengers across the East River to Manhattan. The Ferry ran until 1918, and the landing remained abandoned until the 70s when an unofficial park was created using recycled materials. Due to a lack of funding, the land was turned over to the Parks Council and officially became a park in 1998. Grand Ferry Park was refurbished to preserve the landing’s historylike the brick smokestack from the Pfizer molasses plant. The park is one of the few stretches of Williamsburg shoreline accessible to the public. At the water’s edge, a border of boulders protects the shoreline from erosion and provides seating to enjoy great views of downtown Manhattan and four East River bridges.