864 Ben-Ali Drive
Danville, KY 40422-1927
Phone: (859) 936-9300
Fax: (859) 238-9987
This is the birthplace of Kentucky's statehood with ten constitutional conventions taking place at this site between 1784 and 1792. The park includes the first post office west of the Alleghenies, Governor's Circle, meetinghouse, courthouse, and jail.
Dr. Ephraim McDowell made medical history here on Christmas morning 1809 with the first successful removal of an ovarian tumor. In a personally guided tour, you will hear the story of Dr. Ephraim McDowell, pioneer surgeon, and see this meticulously restored home, medical office and gardens.
Standing still as of the oldest buildings in the Kentucky School for the Deaf, the Jacobs Hall is said to be a National Historic Landmark. A hall that contains of the recreational place for the students dormitory and the classrooms from the 1850s, the hall is historic and a major attraction of the University. This hall was also listed on the Register of National Historic Places in the year 1966.
Fort, museum and gift shop. View a vintage herb garden, vegetable garden and live animal corral. Open year-round.
The Beriah Magoffin Monument is located in the Spring Hill Cemetery of Harrodsburg, Kentucky and is built to commemorate the 21st Governor of Kentucky. Beriah Magoffin sought to maintain neutrality for Kentucky when the Civil War started, however was forced to resign by the pro –Union forces. The monument was dedicated around 1900. Atypical of the monuments built in 1900, Magoffin’s portrait is draped in toga significant of the neoclassical style. On the 17th of July of 1997 the Beriah Magoffin Monument was added to the National Register of Historic Places as part of the Civil War Monuments of Kentucky Multiple Property Submission.
Open March through November. Features open/covered slips, a boat launch, guide service, store & bait shop and snack bar.
Visitors to the peaceful green fields of the Perryville Battlefield State Historic Site may find the tranquil expanse of prairie relatively calm, but it was on this site that the largest battle in Kentucky took place. To help visitors understand the space of this large conflict, several signs, monuments and even cannons marking notable artillery positions have been established through the park. An interpretive museum on site further connects guests to the tense historical event that occurred in a sleepy field in the middle of the state.
Open June-September from 9 to 5 daily. Features fresh homegrown vegetables. A Pumpkin Festival occurs in October daily by appointment, which offers hayrides, a petting zoo, hay maze, pumpking store and pick your own pumpkins.
At Cedar Hills, they have a large selection of bows and arrows to supply any archery need. It is one of the largest hunting apparel selections in the region. They also carry outdoor footwear by Rocky and Lacrosse. Outside their pro shop you will find one of the top pay lakes in the area. The lake is stocked weekly with 500 lb. of Channel Cats and Flatheads Cats. They offer rod and reel rental as well as a large selection of fishing tackle to land the big ones.
Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill is one of the most scenic and historic site of Shaker religious community. With its ancient buildings and countryside, this site is designated as National Historic Landmark District. The site also has many inns, dining places, stores and many fun-filled activities to indulge in for a perfect getaway experience. Check the website for more.
Ichthus Farm finds itself spread over a luscious 11 acres in the city of Wilmore. This farm comes alive annually during the legendary Ichthus Music Festival that takes place over 3 days. Fully equipped with ample parking, handicap accessibility, smokers corners, tents and stages, this venue is highly sought after especially by organizers of big events which require all logistics to be in place.
Confederate Memorial in Nicholasville is a historic statue located in Jessamine County, Kentucky. The memorial consist of a 11-foot (3.4-meter) granite pedestal and seven-foot (2.1-meter) bronze statue of a soldier with a knapsack and hat. It was built in 1896, and 3500 spectators came to witness the occasion of its dedication. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on July 17, 1997.