Fort Hollingsworth - White House
2307 Wynn Lake Road
Alto, GA 30510
+1 706 754 4538
Built by Jacob Hollingswort, Fort Hollingsworth was a frontier fort. Its construction began around 1792 with an intention to safeguard the settlers, their families, possessions as well as animals and livestock. In 1796, the raids ceased and the troubles ended, hence the fort was transformed into farmhouse. Currently in the possession of the White family, the fort is well-preserved and open to visitors. Concerts, war re-enactments, storytelling, car show are many of the fun events hosted here. Check website for more details.