12865 Hwy 56 North
Clinton, SC 29325
Phone: (864) 833-1800
Fax: (864) 833-4559
Sumter National Forest, located in Clinton, SC is a beautiful area managed by the United States Forest Service. Consisting of approximately 37,7442 and three ranger districts, this area features hiking and biking trails, mountain biking, camping, canoeing, hunting, boating as well as equestrian facilities in the Long Cane Ranger District. The Andrew Pickens District is known for the breath-taking and challenging waterfalls.
Padgett's Creek Baptist Church was built in 1844 and is one of the oldest in the town. The elegant white facade stands out in the neighborhood. The structure looks like it hasn't changed over the years. Spread over 14 acres (5.67 hectares) the church also includes a cemetery. This beautiful sanctuary was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1971.
With a history dating back to 1795, the Price House is a historical site in Woodruff, South Carolina near Spartanburg. This property once contained the plantation home of Thomas and Ann Price, local entrepreneurs who owned the general store, ran the post office and local tavern. Here, you can find out how the Price family made their fortune and the legacy that remains at the only standing structure that exists - the upcountry slave cabin.
The distinguished First Presbyterian Church of Woodruff is a monumental Presbyterian church structure. It is accurately sited at 300 W. Georgia Street in Woodruff, South Carolina. The historic church building was erected in 1911 and is established on a land cover of less than one acre. It is a great representation of the Gothic Revival and the Romanesque style of architecture. The significant church site is also featured on the National Register of Historic Places.
A magnificent Japanese Garden site is spotted at the Newberry region in South Carolina. The marvelous gardens are established on a land cover of 0.5 acres (0.20 hectares). The site dates back to 1930. Two scenic ponds, concrete bridges and a teahouse add up to the beauty of the garden site. The site is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The Torri gate and a temple are prominent attractions on the site.
In the early 1760's King George III granted land to colonists throughout the Americas and in 1765, Charles and Mary Moore built this house with slave labor upon 550-acres. Thereafter, the house and its inhabitants saw firsthand the tumult of the American Revolution. In fact, one of the most salient points about the property is that Catharine, the daughter of Charles and Mary helped the colonial revolution when she revealed the British regiment's position during the Battle of Cowpens in 1781. There are still many of the original buildings on the plantation like the barn, meat curing house, dry cellar, and school, and the preservation society gives tours of the mansion throughout the year, however it does have seasonal hours.
The Fairview Presbyterian Church was constructed in 1858 and has gained tremendous historic significance over the years. This church is situated in Fountain Inn, South Carolina. Standing as one of the oldest Presbyterian churches in Greenville County, it provides varied facilities to the public. The Sunday School that is held for all ages is a great initiative by the church. Also, other services include meetings of children and youth, catered dinners, recreational gym, and much more. The square columns of the portico in the present church building hold bricks from the earlier sanctuary on the same site.