Tillamook Rock Lighthouse
1 mile offshore, off Tillamook Head
Cannon Beach, OR 97110
+1 503 275 8355
This lighthouse, nicknamed "Terrible Tilly," was built in 1880 on Tillamook Rock. Although no longer in commission, it guided ships past the rocky shore for 77 years. The lighthouse sits about one mile offshore and is a site to behold from such vantage points as Ecola State Park
or Cannon Beach
. In 1957, Terrible Tilly was decommissioned, much to the dismay of the lighthouse keepers and Cannon Beach residents, and sat unattended for more than 20 years. Now designated a wildlife refuge and a National Historic Monument, the lighthouse and rock are home to various forms of marine and bird life.