Comfort Suites Dulles Airport
13980 Metrotech Dr.
Chantilly, VA 20151
Phone: (703) 263-2007
Fax: (703) 263-2231
Finding its place in the American Association of Museums and in the National Register of Historic Places, Sully Historic Site is a beautiful attractions in Chantilly. Often known as Sully Plantation, this site now comprises of approximately 120 acres, including outbuildings, slave gardens and a historical park. The site's historic importance talks about the then owner Richard Bland Lee, which is very evident in the property's displays.
Visit the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center to take a look at Blackbird- the fastest jet-plane in the world; or the famous space vehicle Discovery that has completed 39 space missions till date. The center is attached to the National Air And Space Museum and displays many aeronautical equipment and air crafts to the public. There are two hangars and an Observation Tower that provides a panoramic view of the adjacent Washington Dulles International Airport. Also, it is here that the Airbus IMAX Theater is located. The center also lets visitors take a look at various restoration projects. A visit to the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center is informative and insightful for children and adults alike.
Dedicated to preserving and interpreting a rural community setting in a suburban environment, this park recreates the era from 1920 to 1940, a time of great transition in rural America. The park is home to many farm animals, Kidwell Park which provides a glimpse of the patterns of family farming, numerous historic buildings, a circa 1911 schoolhouse, a Virginia Landmark meeting house, equestrian facilities, and a county store.
Located within the Frying Pan Farm Park, this structure was built as Baptist church in the late 1700s. The building was left abandoned over the years and in 1984, Fairfax County Park Authority took control over maintaining the property. The Frying Pan Spring Meeting House was enlisted in the National Register of Historic Places in 1991. The property includes a cemetery, baptismal pond and springs. Call ahead for tour of this Virginia landmark.
Merrybrook is the only known house of American Civil War Confederate spy Laura Ratcliffe. The group called 'Friends of Laura Ratcliffe' conserve this home that featured in the National Historic Register in 2007.
As the Nation's largest earth-science agency, the U.S Geological Survey collects, analyzes, interprets, and distributes data on mineral, land, and water resources to all levels of government, educators, private industry, and the public. A variety of forms, including reports, educational materials, and digital data aerial, can be found at this library.
One of the busiest branches in the Fairfax County Public Library system, this library offers a collection of more than 215,000 volumes, a large selection of recorded books, an environmental collection, business and financial resources, access to the Internet, a separate children's wings, and a large collection of newspapers and magazines.
You will find soccer and football fields, a Little League field, children's playgrounds, picnic pavilions, tennis courts, sand volleyball and basketball courts, horseshoes, a water park, picnic pavilions, and hiking trails at this popular park.
This 476 acre park includes an 18 acre lake for fishing and boating, an outdoor swimming pool enveloped by a lazy river, pedal boat rentals, a carousel, a seasonal campground open from March to December, nature trails, picnic areas, and a children's playground.
Pump It Up was voted the #1 place to have a party in Northern Virginia by readers of Family Magazine.
Beautiful plants native to the Potomac River Valley and plants from around the world are displayed in magnificent areas at this botanical garden that also provides an array of educational opportunities in gardening, horticulture, botany, and conservation.
Dranesville Tavern was built around 1850 and is located in Dranesville, Virginia. The building has a Greek Revival style of architecture. It is a wagon type of tavern and was moved from its original location and is now located near Herndon. It was added to National Register of Historic Places on November 9, 1972.