25 Ashton Drive
Brunswick, GA 31523
Phone: (912) 267-4440
Fax: (912) 262-3495
You will find fuel, bait, and supplies, as well as floating docks, wet and dry storage, laundry facilities, and a bathhouse at this full service marina which is open seven days a week.
The Old City Hall in Brunswick can be dated back to 1886 and has a mixture of Italian and Roman architecture. The hall is available on hire for private events and weddings.
The Palmetto Cemetery is one of the major burial places and the largest in the city. It is well maintained by its caretakers and the cemetery's office is responsible for its administration.
Spanning across the picturesque Brunswick river, the Sidney Lanier Bridge opened in 2003. The bridge is the longest one in Georgia and was named to commemmorate the famous poet Sidney Lanier.
After passing through the entrance gate toward Jekyll Island, the first stop for any visitor is the Jekyll Island Welcome Center. It offers brochures, pamphlets, maps and all things relating to Jekyll Island. Friendly attendants will gladly answer questions about what's happening on the island and offer assistance to newcomers. There is a playground for children to play on and a viewing platform where you can see the Port of Brunswick, Sidney Lanier Bridge and St. Simons Island. Restrooms are available as well as vending machines. -Natasha Lawrence
Many amenities are available at this full service marina including a travel lift for large boats, a mechanic on duty full time, fishing charter guides for deep sea, trolling, bottom, inshore, and offshore fishing, a full service restaurant, gas and supplies, and live and dead bait.
A full service marina that offers a wide range of services and amenities such as marine supplies, hardware and nautical charts, floating docks, gas and oil, laundry facilities, dry storage and wet slips, ample dockage space for transient traffic, service to Glynco Jetport Brunswick, and courtesy cars for overnight guests.
Managed by Jekyll Island Museum, Indian Mound Cottage is the restored home of William Rockefeller, co-founder of Standard Oil Co. Inc. Constructed in 1892, the three-story house got its name from the mound located in the front yard, considered to have been used as a burial ground by the Guale Indians, but which turned out to be nothing more than ordinary shells. The restoration process included replacing the cedar shake roof, renovating the porch railings and the addition of antique-style carpets.
A full service marina which offers boat storage, boat services, fishing tackle, food and drinks, gas, oil, live and dead bait, and supplies.
Adjacent to Jekyll Island Park, two hotels and beaches, this 128,000-square-foot oceanfront facility contains meeting rooms, ballroom and exhibit spaces, shops, restaurants, bookstores, restrooms and visitor services. It also features electric car charging stations and bike racks. The main venue halls are the Grand Oaks Hall and the Magnolia Hall. With a panoramic view of the beaches, this center offers guests of Jekyll Island an outstanding place to visit while exploring the rest of the historic island. -Natasha Lawrence
Constructed in 1904, the Faith Chapel is a monumental chapel built on Old Plantation Road in Jekyll Island, Georgia. The building somewhat resembles the early colonial meetinghouse and is coupled with enhancing elements that are inspired by the Gothic style of architecture. An eminent highlight of the chapel is the striking stained-glass window - a representation of the Christ child - that adorns at the end of the chapel. The chapel is a fine option for wedding functions, memorial services and renewal of vows. It can accommodate as many as 110 people and wedding reservations imply access to an hour-long rehearsal time, and exquisite bride and groom staging rooms.
Constructed with tabby by Major William Horton, a military aid to General James Oglethorpe, this historic home on the island is one of the oldest plantation structure in Georgia. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the site is open to visitors free of charge. Concerts, weddings and other events are held here. Self-guided tours include the ruins, markers and historic DuBignon family cemetery across the street. Preservation efforts have been extensive and are ongoing to preserve a way of life that existed long ago. -Natasha Lawrence