120 Plaza Drive
Bloomsburg, PA 17815
Phone: (570) 387-9100
Fax: (570) 387-9190
Arts & Museums
This beautiful structure called the Gen. William Montgomery House is a historic home. Currently, running as a museum, it is managed by the Montour County Historical Society. The owner of this house was General William Montgomery, a renowned patriot, Danville's founder and a judge. It was incorporated in the U.S. National Register of Historic Places in 1979.
Open year round to all, the Children's Museum strives to provide hands-on educational experiences to children, create and provide interactive traveling exhibits, and to extend educational outreach services to the region.
This one-room open school, Mooresburg School, is a simple structure that was used as a educative space for local children. Teaching students from grades one to eight, it was later converted into the headquarters of the Montour County Historical Society and now functions as a museum. This place is featured on the National Register of Historic Places.
This beautiful historic home that is spread over 1.4 acres (0.57 hectares) of land, is the Jackson Mansion and Carriage House. The three levels mansion with a basement and use of Vermont stone designed in it's best Second Empire and Italianate style is a delight to watch. The tower on the front facade with the mansard roof adds to the beauty of this home. The carriage house on the other hand is a two levels home that is made up of Vermont stone on the front and is a hipped roof structure. The carriage house currently houses The Berwick Police Department.
Designed by Philadelphia architect Samuel Sloan for Eli Slifer as a private residence, this Tuscan-style Victorian mansion was the site of the first local hospital which was founded in 1926 by the Evangelical Association. Also a former orphanage, it is now the home of RiverWoods, a complex which consists of a skilled care facility and residential and nursing care apartments. The Slifer House Museum is owned by Albright Care Services.
Originally constructed as a two-story log cabin between 1796 and 1799, serving as a tavern and hotel through much of the 19th century, the Packwood House Museum is "among the oldest log-built structures of its kind in Pennsylvania." Opened to the public in 1976, the Packwood House Museum contains treasures of glass, ceramics, textiles, furniture, paintings, Pennsylvania German decorative arts and Oriental art. The Museum, exhibits and the Museum Shop are open Tuesday through Saturday from 10:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Usually lasting one to one and a half hours, guided tours cover the garden and 18 rooms over three floors in the Museum.