Intersection of 15th &Exchange streets
Astoria, OR 97103
+1 503 325 6311
Named for John Jacob Astor of the Pacific Fur Company, this neck of the woods was established to counter a Lewis and Clark camp. Fort Astoria's construction began in 1811, making the town the oldest west of the Rocky Mountains. Lacy Victorian homes hang on the steep historic hillsides surrounded by lush forests. This old fur-trading depot also guards the mouth of America's largest east-west river, the Columbia.