118 Interstate Blvd.
Anderson, SC 29621
Phone: (864) 622-1200
Fax: (864) 622-1202
118 Interstate Blvd., Anderson, SC, US, 29621
- Phone: (864) 622-1200
- Fax: (864) 622-1202
Built on the site of the old courthouse after the district was divided, this landmark building is the centerpiece of historic Pendleton and is the oldest farmers' hall in continuous use in the nation.
Situated alongside the scenic 56,000 acre Lake Hartwell, this marina is the largest full service marina in South Carolina and includes a boat launch and restaurant. The marina is the ideal venue for afterwork cruises, weekend outings, or relaxing vacations.
The oldest Episcopal church in the area and the second oldest in what is now the Diocese of Upper South Carolina, this historic white clapboard church features a Jaridine pipe organ that has filled the church with music since 1848. The Churchyard includes buried sites for several historically important people including a Polish countess and soldiers who died during the Civil War.
This magnificent plantation home is beautifully restored and furnished with many outstanding antiques and furnishings, including some items which belonged to families of the original owners.
Along History lane in Pendleton lies this grandiose summer home named the Woodburn Plantation. This Neoclassical structure was built in 1830 by Charles Cotesworth Pinckney, and has undergone a number of ownership and structural changes since that time. Today, it is owned by the Pendleton Historic Foundation, and stands listed on the National Resister of Historic Places. The Pendleton District Agricultural Museum is in close proximity to the house.
The region of Pendleton in Anderson County is most renowned for the Pendleton Historic District. The construction of the district was done mainly in the year 1789. It comprehensively encompasses a total land cover of 6,316 acres (2,556 hectares). Most of the structures prevalent in the district finely trace the Greek Revival style of architecture. The district has been registered on the National Register of Historic Places in the year 1970.
On the National Register of Historic Places and one of the largest districts in the nation, the Village Green is a lively business district of shops and restaurants and the site for many special events.
This local African American landmark began as a country store and is a great example of African American history in South Carolina. The building was built most with scrap materials, as was many structures built during that time.
Built by Revolutionary War hero Andrew Pickens, this Presbyterian church is one of the most interesting historical attractions in the Upstate and was the second structure built by the religious community. Although the church is no longer in service, there is a cemetery on site that contains numerous old tombstones including those of Pickens and his family.
Ashtabula is a historic home that is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. This plantation house that was built in the 19th Century, and is now available for private and group tours as well as private events. Public tours run from April to October, but private tours can be scheduled year-round.
This beautiful garden that is spread over 295 acres of land is the South Carolina Botanical Garden. Located at the campus of Clemson University, the garden features nature trails, pathways, ponds, streams, woodlands, trial gardens where one can simply take an evening walk, and the Bob Campbell Geology Museum, etc. The garden features some of the largest nature-based sculptures of the country. The garden is a great place to visit either for a walk or just to enjoy the beauty of nature with the beautiful greenery around the place.
Built in South Carolina's Lowcountry for French Huguenot, Paul de St. Julien, this French Colonial home was moved to the University's campus in 1941 and is filled with period furnishings, artifacts, and artwork from the 18th and 19th century.